Monday, April 05, 2010

A few Befores...

The end of October and beginning of November 2009 we began the kitchen project.

When we were looking for our house, my stipulation was that there would be windows on the back of the house so I could see the kids playing in the back yard. Of course the house we ended up buying didn't have a working window (meaning short enough that I could see out of it) in the kitchen. So, I said, "I will buy this house, but we have to put a window in the kitchen." After 3 1/2 years in this home, we saved enough money to finally put my window in the kitchen.

The best part of this project?

Todd was out of town for the ENTIRE process. (note the sarcasm in my typing). That part was absolutely draining. Managing a kitchen full of contractors and 4 crazy busy kids was less than fun for me. We also had a few days with no kitchen sink.... I will spare you all the details.

Was it worth it? 100% YES! There are still a few things we want to do to make it complete...

But here are a few before photos...
The new windows will be where the existing window is (we put in a larger window and made it come lower down so I can see out of it), and also to the right of the current window where the cabinets are

(Ummm... these are a little embarrassing to show you because my kitchen isn't exactly cute)
)



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Spencer Family said...

I'll take your kitchen if you don't want it. ;) You have counter space and lots of cupboards--lucky you! Can't wait to see the new windows.