Monday, September 29, 2008

What Does a Salway Girl Look Like?

OK- so I keep getting questions and comments about "what will a Salway girl look like?" Honestly? I don't know...

But... I do have a few photos of my boys dressed up like girls that may give us a preview of what she might look like!

Last summer we were home in Seattle and my sisters put Blake in his cousin's clothes (a girl) and fixed his long curls all up into a pony tail and had a ball doing it. At first (as you will see) Blake had a fit! He was trying to take off the clothes (Thank goodness!) But, after a while he forgot about it and was having fun with everyone laughing at him.


The next 2 pictures are of Andrew, 3 years ago when he was 4 1/2. He put on a wig and thought he was so funny!
Here's Blake again before one of his hair cuts when he was 14 months old... he did NOT like me putting a pony tail in his hair!Posted by PicasaHmmm... who will she look like?

15 comments:

Theresa Walker said...

Poor Blake. He might need therapy after all that :).

Bart and Krista said...

I am dying at those pictures. I love little Blakey's face.. at first he's so sad-- but then he really likes being in a skirt.

tamara said...

LOL...so adorable :-) I can't wait to meet your sweet baby girl. She's CERTAIN to be a knockout :-) Loved the previews, though!!

Jenn S. said...

Oh my goodness - Blake makes an adorable little girl! And yes, he will hate you someday for those pictures. ;)

I agree, baby sister is destined to be gorgeous!

Julie E. said...

Those pictures of Blake are hilarious!

Sarah said...

These pictures are so much fun. I'm sure she's going to be adorable, and while I'm sure she will look like her brothers, she will be so different too. I love that even as babies, girls and boys are different. My girls seemed so much more delicate than my boys (even though at times they were chubbier than their brothers). We can't wait to meet her.

Shelly Kenison said...

I think she is going to be one dang cute kid. I am surprised how cute Blake looks as a girl. Glad to hear he didn't enjoy it too much!

Laurie said...

She will be a darling girl!!

But it seems that the girls never get the curls that the boys do. Or the eyelashes.

alexandra said...

Those photos are hilarious. Poor little Blake. Interestingly, Blake resembled you more when his hair was fixed like a girls and he was wearing girl clothes. He really did. I think this little girl will be blonde and blue eyed with her mom's face.

Kristina said...

I'm laughing out loud! I swear those are very convincing girl pics but Blake does actually make a cute girl. Your kids are all gorgeous so no doubt she'll follow suit. Anyway, this joke is totally Salway. Love it.

Jill said...

Blake would make a very cute girl! Thanks for sharing those pics, great post!

Gordon and Susan said...

Wharever or whoever she looks like I am sure she will be adorable and will certainly be loved!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Poor Blake! I have a few of those of his Dad (Todd in girl clothes when his sister got ahold of him)....It's hard to know what a Salway girl will look like as there are so few of them!

monica said...

we can hardly wait to see what she looks like too. will she have dark hair i wonder?

Panda Queen said...

Oh my goodness! This is HYSTERICAL!

I LOVE it!