Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Before, During, and Afters...Our new backyard!

We finally had our backyard patio put in! It has been something we've been saving for for over 2 years... and Todd's been dreaming of for longer than that. Here are the before shots...

The owners of our house just before us had 2 big dogs that chewed up the backyard, and so they layed a whole bunch of bricks down to help with the mud situation. We called it our "boat dock." I am so glad to get rid of that! Enjoy the pictures!


Todd spent an evening digging the hole for his DREAM... the Goalrilla basketball hoop. It had to be 4 feet deep... and he spent about 5 hours digging. The boys loved watching him.

He finished up in the morning and we took pictures of each of the boys in the hole.

Finally all of the prep work was done and it was CEMENT day! (this whole process took about a week) It was all so exciting!

Here they are laying the cement...

We also had them put a walk way from our backyard up to the front of the house and it met up with the driveway.
And now...
The AFTER PICTURES!!!


We also had them replace the fence and gate on the side of the house.


Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Shelly Kenison said...

Wow it looks so great! What a fun addition to your home.

Sarah said...

Hi! I love the play area! How much fun for the family. You look great. Sarah Vallery

Spencer Family said...

That patio would be Luke's dream too! What a fun backyard!

Sarah said...

I have major backyard envy. we have a huge backyard and it's just empty. But I have to keep reminding myself that there was a time when it looked much much worse. I'm sure all of your boys, including the biggest one, are loving it.

MollyE said...

oh my, I am in love!! That is so amazing!! We want to do almost the exact same thing. I guess that is a boy dream. Enjoy!!!

tamara said...

Wow! I can't let Cesar know 'cause he would LOVE to do something like that. Our backyard is in a sad shape. The boys are going to have so much fun playing ball with Todd in the backyard. Good job!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I am sure it is so nice to have it in and ready for the boys to play on! I love that you had the boys stamp their hands.

Laurie said...

That looks great! Dan would be very jealous--he's still sad that we laid sod (and we really did lay it!) last summer and the dogs have already worn a major path in it. A sidewalk might be a good idea. I love the two sizes of hoops. And the hand prints.

Tanya C. said...

Wow! That looks Great! something we can only Dream about. I love the pics of the boys in the big hole. Thanks for sharing your fun pics.

monica said...

It looks amazing, what a great backyard. Can I send my boys over to play?
The boat launch, but this is SO much better. :)

Panda Queen said...

Hey! Those concrete guys look strangely familiar...

Gordon and Susan said...

What a lot of work!!! We are trying to get our home/yard fixed up and ready to sell before our mission...wish us luck.

Sarah helped me set up this blog so that i can keep in touch with you while we are on our mission. when I get home from Phoenix, maybe you can help me learn how to add pictures and change what i write?

susan

MitchAshley said...

How fun!! Looks like you can take over for Deena and be the party house! You have done so much to that house. Looks great.