Sunday, June 22, 2008

Before and Afters!

So, we've lived in our house for almost 2 years... and we FINALLY put in some front yard landscaping. We drew up some pictures of the front yard, and also took some of the pictures you see below, and headed off to a couple of nurserys to buy all the plants. We started on the Saturday before Memorial Day. We got up at 6 am and Todd dug while I sat in my chair and pointed. I only made him dig up and move about 3 of the plants after they were planted. That was a little contentious... I knew I had to ask very kindly considering that Todd was doing all the labor and I was just "giving directions." Anyway, we finished on Memorial morning and had to start again before 6 am. It was so hot and so we wanted to finish each day around 10- before it got too hot. Keep in mind that the plants are small... and it will take a few years for them to mature, but we are really happy with it. It's so nice to pull into the driveway and see plants instead of dead areas.

Below are 3 of the "BEFORE" pictures...


The next 3 pictures are of my MEN digging and working during the project... (I must be fair to myself... I did plant the flowers, and each of the boys planted one of the bushes and they call it "their bush")

And now... for the AFTER pictures...




Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Julie said...

Looks great! I so need to do something with our front yard. I think if I just rip out the weeds and trim the bushes it would make a major improvement! :)

MollyE said...

Wow, it looks great! We will be in our house much longer I am sure before we do anything with our backyard. Good job.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! I can't believe you had to get up at 6AM due to the heat. That is crAzY!

Brandi said...

Very nice! We have been doing a little of that too. I have no idea what to plant, though. What I have planted, though, I have done all of it. I'm going to have Eric read this post and then I'm going to get my lawn chair and point, too! I LOVE that idea!! You get a free pass from hard work though because you're pregnant. What's my excuse?

Anyway, it looks great! What kind of tree did you plant on the side?

Shelly Kenison said...

Wow it looks so GREAT! How fun to have such a pretty sight to drive up too.

Robyn said...

What a difference! It looks beautiful. Landscaping is so intimidating to me. How do you pick out the stuff??

Bart and Krista said...

Nice curb appeal. I like it. When you get the time, do you think that Todd and Company can come do my curb appeal? I spend most of my extra time studying. Let me know! Bart

alexandra said...

i am so jealous of your awesome house!

The Wright Stuff said...

Have you guys been watching alot of HGTV or something? You guys did a great job! I love your house!