Friday, May 30, 2008

Everything's Bigger In Texas

INCLUDING THE HAIL STORMS!




I was trying to take a nap one afternoon the end of March and all of a sudden there was this horrible sound that sounded like rocks were being thrown at our house. I jumped out of bed and found the biggest hail storm I've ever seen. We get lots of warnings about "golf ball sized hail storms," but have never actually had one during the 7 years we've lived here. We got our first GIANT hail storm.... and it was incredible. The hail was huge... I have NEVER seen it like that. It was literally the size of golf balls.

The scary part was that the next night, about 3 am, I got up to go to the bathroom and all of a sudden that "rock throwing" noise started again. Sure enough, another hail storm hit. It was crazy to have 2 storms so close- and luckily we didn't have any bad damage. We need a new roof, but what's new? Add it to the list...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Check out my sister Valerie's apricot hail up in Minnesota! She was two blocks from the homes that were destroyed by the tornado.

Matthews Family said...

Man, that is some crazy hail! I would have liked to have seen that one.