OK, now my back-tracking begins. I just got my laptop back and so I have to go back a couple of months to catch up.
This year Andrew wanted a new bike for his birthday. So, we got him a few small (cheap) toys and had him open them first. One of the things we got him was a Kite. It was small, and like a dollar- so it wasn't very exciting. We asked him how he liked his presents and he said he liked them, but we could tell he wasn't super happy. We asked him if he got everything he wanted, and he said, "well, I really wanted a bike." I said, "I thought you said Kite, not Bike." So, after letting him get sad for a couple of minutes, we said "why don't you come look in the living room and see if you can fly your kite." He walked in and found his new bike there. He was so excited!!!
This year Andrew wanted a new bike for his birthday. So, we got him a few small (cheap) toys and had him open them first. One of the things we got him was a Kite. It was small, and like a dollar- so it wasn't very exciting. We asked him how he liked his presents and he said he liked them, but we could tell he wasn't super happy. We asked him if he got everything he wanted, and he said, "well, I really wanted a bike." I said, "I thought you said Kite, not Bike." So, after letting him get sad for a couple of minutes, we said "why don't you come look in the living room and see if you can fly your kite." He walked in and found his new bike there. He was so excited!!!
One of the best parts was watching Justin get so excited to have Andrew's old bike. Justin couldn't have been more proud. He wanted to ride it all over- including the house. I let him bring it in for a picture since Andrew had a picture inside with his new bike. They were 2 very happy boys.

1 comment:
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! That is hilarious.
'I thought you said a kite.'
NICE
Post a Comment