Yeah! The marker is finally in! Todd and I went out to the cemetery the end of last November to design it. I couldn't decide if I wanted a vase in the headstone or not. The more I thought about it, I knew that the boys would love to bring flowers to the cemetery, and I wanted to have a place for them to put them. So, we had it designed... and waited and waited for it to arrive. They called this past week and said it was in. They also leveled out the ground around it, so there was fresh dirt there. This should grow back in soon.
Anyway, we headed out to Hobby Lobby to pick out flowers on Monday- MLK day. There was no school, and I wanted to take the boys all together to put the flowers on. It was freezing... raining... windy... but I really wanted to go. Amazingly enough, the rain stopped when we got there and we had a cold, but dry, visit.
Todd and I decided to let each of the boys pick their favorite flower, and then my job was to pick something to tie them all together or make them look OK. So, Andrew picked a white calla-lilly, Justin picked a pink flower (I don't know what kind it was) and Blake picked an orange one just like Justin's. My mom, who is visiting from Seattle, picked the purple flowers in the back of the "arrangement." So, I picked the greenery and a few more callilillies to try and pull it all together. I think it's perfect...
Anyway, we headed out to Hobby Lobby to pick out flowers on Monday- MLK day. There was no school, and I wanted to take the boys all together to put the flowers on. It was freezing... raining... windy... but I really wanted to go. Amazingly enough, the rain stopped when we got there and we had a cold, but dry, visit.
Todd and I decided to let each of the boys pick their favorite flower, and then my job was to pick something to tie them all together or make them look OK. So, Andrew picked a white calla-lilly, Justin picked a pink flower (I don't know what kind it was) and Blake picked an orange one just like Justin's. My mom, who is visiting from Seattle, picked the purple flowers in the back of the "arrangement." So, I picked the greenery and a few more callilillies to try and pull it all together. I think it's perfect...

14 comments:
Julianna! I didn't know you had a blog! I found yours looking through someone else's! I have been thinking about you so much lately! I just talked to Whitni yesterday and asked how you were. I'm glad you got Tyce's marker put in. It's beautiful. We still haven't gotten Taylor's- we're waiting till Jordan graduates. You look beautiful in your pictures! I have my c-section scheduled for Feb 12! Only 2 weeks and 6 days! I can't wait! Send me your e-mail so I can invite you to read my blog! Love, Tiffany
beautylishuss@yahoo.com
Tyce's marker is gorgeous. I love the photos of all of you there. I think of you often. God Bless!
I love the marker! "Families are Forever" says it all. I love you and your family and think you were right to put the vase on the marker. The pictures are so cute of you guys. Isn't it funny that everyone smiles and is happy in pictures at the graves? My kids are all smiling at Amber's grave and I just think it's so great that instead of feeling sad at the loss, we feel happy remembering the person and look forward to seeing them again and that makes us happy and smile. Until last summer I never understood that. You are a blessing in my life!
Love,
Julie
I guess Julie beat me to the punch...I also loved the sweet simplicity of Tyce's marker, it really is perfect! You never know what comfort that message may give another family who is visiting a loved one they have lost.
It's beautiful! I'm so glad it's finally in and that you could take your boys to see it. Families ARE forever!
Julianna the marker looks great. i think the vase was a good idea. You all look so good. We should seriously get all together. We are thinking about driving up towards Oregon and stopping in on Meghan and Reed. (they are unaware of this) You guys always have a bed and air mattress here in Visalia. We could think of some fun things to do (maybe revisit Todds old stopping grounds).The boys would have a ball together.
It is soooo BEAUTIFUL! I love it. I love that it says families are forever. We love you
I love your choices for the marker. Your family looks so happy in the pictures. I think it is so good that you bring the boys to the cemetary often and talk about Tyce often. You really are one of the strongest people I know.
the flowers look beautiful and it is so special that you let each boy choose one and then you tied it all together. I'm sure it makes it even more special to them.
p.s. it was a delightful surprise to hear that the sampietro's may make a stop at our house... how fun would it be to see you guys too? Just putting in my plug for you guys to visit the NW. :)
Hi! I love the marker- and the flowers. I also love the picture of mom with the boys. It's cute. It looks cold there! When can I come visit? Love, Krista
Hi! I love the marker- and the flowers. I also love the picture of mom with the boys. It's cute. It looks cold there! When can I come visit? Love, Krista
I agree, the marker is perfect. I will always cherish the fact that it says Tyce Richard. (We Richards need to stick together) Love Dad Four sons forever yours! A beautiful, sacred spot. We look forward to the time we can once again hold that precious grandson in our arms. Judy Grandma
You are so amazing Juliana. I think about you often. You have such a beautiful family. Families are Forever! Love,
Jaynee
Julianna! I found this through Allie's blog. I can't believe how many years have already passed since those days in John Hall. It was so great to see you & Todd. You guys haven't changed a bit! I was so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet little boy. My heart truly goes out to you. Your other boys are adorable. You certainly have a house full! Send me your email address so I can invite you to my blog. And I'd love to email, too.
Again, it was really great to "catch up" with you!
Monica Merced (now Rich)
therichfamily@gmail.com
Post a Comment