AHHHH... Home sweet home... the Emergency Room. Back again. Saturday morning Andrew had his first basketball game of the season. He played in the first quarter and then decided he was thirsty. He ran up the stairs that lead to the risers we were sitting on and he tripped and fell on his face. He immediately began screaming and I ran to check on him. I pulled his hands back from his face and found a giant gash over his eye. It split his eyebrow, so about 1/4 of his eyebrow was above the cut and 3/4 was below. We were very close to the hospital, so we took him right away. Our neighbors watched Justin and Blake.
His cut was so deep, it exposed the skull bone. So, they did 4 layers of stitches. 3 stitches to close the fibrous tissue that covers the skull, then a layer of 5 stitches to close the muscle, then a row of 6 stitches to close the next layer of muscle, and then 19 across the top. That gives a total of 33. I think this was our injury with the most stitches. That makes a grand total of 8 trips to the ER for stitches across the 3 boys. Thank goodness for insurance.


6 comments:
Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! That was one big cut. Andrew,I think you look very brave.
YIKES!! I'm so glad he had it all stitched and covered when I saw him. OUCH!
That is one nasty gash. Poor little guy. These close ups of his face confirmed my suspicion that Andrew looks a lot more like his mom than his coloring might suggest. I can see Juliana's face especially in the bottom photo. Btw, Justin is hilarious. What a personality!
ohhh that looks painful. Besides the fact that I almost lost my lunch looking at the pictures... I feel so bad for andrew! But he's a boy and boys love war wounds. He'll have a great story to share through the years.
Holy Moly! That gash is huge and deep. I would have screamed too. Andrew will definitely have a story to tell the rest of his life. The scar will make him look tough.
Post a Comment