Monday, May 25, 2009

Andrew's Baptism Day Part 2

After the lunch and afternoon at Todd's parents house, Andrew, Todd, Brooklyn and I headed to downtown Salt Lake City. Andrew had been anxiously waiting to pick out his new scriptures for months. He would look at Deseret Book online and browse through the different choices - size, color, style (snap vs. no snap) and he had in his mind exactly what he wanted. We went to the dristribution center below the JSMB and bought them. He also bought a post card of the SLC temple and a scripture pencil. I really had to "let go" because he picked out just about everything I would NOT have picked. I had to really excercise my patience and restraint from telling him what he SHOULD get. He LOVED his new scriptures!


We showed him the SLC temple and walked around temple square. Here's Todd and Andrew.


Here we are in the JSMB on our way to see the "Joseph Smith" movie. Andrew spent most of the movie marking the scriptures that the movie referenced... like James 1:5. He couldn't put them down... he was so excited about them.



Here we are at the top of the JSMB with the temple in the back ground. He LOVES his new scriptures!





On our way home... infront of the temple and the reflection pond. It was a great way to spend a baptismal day. He got to spend the evening with mom and dad by himself (Brooklyn minded her p's and q's) and see some beautiful church sites and the SLC temple.

1 comment:

Bart and Krista said...

Who took the picture of the three of you at the JSMB? Brooklyn? With the way it is taken from below, it does look like she took it as she was sitting in her infant carrier. Good for Andrew for studying his scriptures so diligently. I should take after his example!