We went to Utah on March 11 for a week during spring break. We visited with family and Andrew got baptized there! It was fun to see the newest little Salway- Eric and Brandi's baby Crew was just 2 weeks old. Brandi was a huge TROOPER! He was only 5 lbs. at birth and so he was still so tiny... and so cute! Here's a picture of Andrew holding his little cousin. They boys loved holding a TINY baby! He was like a little doll.
Here's some of the cousins practicing their song, "I Am a Child of God" for Andrew's baptism. Look at Maya with all those boys... we are definitely BOY HEAVY on Todd's side of the family. There are 4 granddaughters and 15 grandsons!
On Thursday we all went to the Draper Temple Open House. It was such a beautiful Temple, and a great experience for my kids to go inside the temple. It was fun to share that with them and show them the inside of a real temple... not just pictures. The pictre of the temple was taken with my phone, inside of the bus, as we drove away. Hence the superb quality.
On Friday we went down to P-TOWN! We stopped by as my sister Shawna's school where she teaches 2nd grade. This was especially fun for Andrew because he's in 2nd grade. We hung out in her class for a while and visited with her. We introduced ourselves to her students and they all asked us questions. Shanwa was so sad to see us LEAVE with my other sister Annette (who flew in for the baptism from Arizona and was staying with Shawna in Provo). It stinks to be the one who has to work while everyone else has fun! (Been there... I totally understand!)
Me, Shawna, and Brooklyn in Shawna's classroom.
We left her school and drove down to Provo. We took some pictures by the Cougar... where of course we had a fight about "he's pushing me off!" We can't seem to go anywhere without a fight.

After the cougar pictures we at in the Cougar Eat, went to the Museum and saw the "I Spy" exhibit, visited the newly remodled Tanner Building, and of course shopped at the Bookstore. I've decided that a trip to BYU is very stressful with 3 little boys who want to RUN RUN RUN! Annette spent much of the time laughing and being GRATEFUL that it wasn't her children and not her problem! I'm sure we were a spectacle and provided some form of birth control for young marrieds there.
We visited Brett's apartment and I realized just how happy I am to have my own place... enough said. Brett was a lovely host.
That evening we went to the Brick Oven for dinner and it was a hoot. I was exhausted and so was Todd... but as you can see from all the pictures everyone seemed to be having a great time. (it's not that we weren't having fun... but vacationing with the kids isn't exactly a vacation)
Here's a picture of Shawna and her boyfriend David. Cute couple huh??? yeah for Shawna!
Here are some pictures of the chaos at Brick Oven.
Annette told me to pose for the camera and so I did. This picture cracks me up... and it makes me laugh remembering how silly Annette was that night. Don't worry... I got her back with a text I sent her at 5 am. I gave her an "I spy..." riddle involving a booger being wiped on a blanket and asking her if she could find it. Who's laughing now?
Juliana, Annette, and Shawna
The kids end of the table. Poor Todd had to sit in the middle so he had to discipline the kids while I sat and laughed with my siblings.
Todd, Brett (my brother) Carson, (Brett's girlfriend) and Me at Brick Oven.
Carson, Juliana, David, Shawna, and Annette
4 comments:
Fun pictures of your beautiful family. Annette looked footloose and fancy free without her kids. Sooooo happy for Shauna and Brett. You look like you had a nice trip. Even if the kids made it not the most relaxing trip you will have fond memories and that is great. Plus I love the text to Annette of the booger. She no doubt, as I would have, went nuts! haha fun times! Love you girls!!!
SAD I wasn't there! I am the ONLY one who hasn't met Carson. I feel so left out. I should have brought Whitney and nursed her in the middle of Brick Oven. That would have been a site for sore eyes. Everyone looks like they're having a PAAAARTAAAAY. Dang it. Why do I live so far away?
You and your sisters look so much alike! And you all look like college students. I love how fun and silly you guys are with each other.
What a fun trip! It is fun to see you with your sisters...And Brooklyn what a cutie!
Post a Comment