
OK- I think our washer is broken... and I'm kind of mad. We've only had it 7 1/2 years. In my uneducated opinion, a washer SHOULD last longer than 7 1/2 years. It is a kenmore bla bla bla...something. Anyway, I think I might be getting an early christmas present this year- a new washer. Wait... nevermind...take that back. I think I'm going to be giving Todd an early Christmas present this year. I don't want a washer for Christmas- I want something fun! OK, so I will be giving Todd a new washer for Christmas.
Does anyone swear by their washer? I'm not talking model number, but rather BRAND. Like- Maytag, vs, kenmore, vs LG, vs GE??? I mean does anyone have one that their ancestors recommended because they said it would last forever?
And... an equally important question...Does anyone subscribe to consumer reports and can you look it up and research this washer stuff for me? I don't have that kind of time during the holidays... :)
Please leave your comments and tell me what you think-
12 comments:
ha ha! Lucky Todd! He is going to thrilled with his new gift! I've got access to consumer reports online. I will check it out for ya. I'll email you soon! xoxoxoxo
I recently bought a new Samsung Washer and Dryer in August. I really like them, but can't attest to their longetivity. Good luck!
We had to buy both a washer and a dryer after their diagnosis was terminal. I asked our repair man about 100 questions about washers/dryers/refrigerators because ours were getting to that age where they die. He recommended Maytag, but not the front loader. He said the more gadgets it has the higher your chances of having problems, and they are not lasting very long. That worked for me because I couldn't wrap my brain around spending that much, so for the price of one front loader, we got a new washer and new gas dryer from Home Depot. Good Luck!!!
Merry Christmas, Todd! Hope you like crap!
So sorry about the washer! But at least you don't have to worry about what to get Todd for Christmas - guys are so hard to shop for:). I love all of the pictures of Brooklyn esp since I missed seeing her while we were visiting. It was so good to see you. Hopefully next time the week won't be so crammed and we can come over and see the kids too.
Bummer!! I have a consumer reports issue that rates washer and dryers. Call and remind me and I will drop it by tomorrow!
Well... I can look downstairs to see what type of washer mom and dad have. It's probably about 70 years old. Why don't we just ship it down to your house? That way they can buy a new one. Act now and I'll throw the dryer in for free.
We have a top load (Stuff in as much as you can) Maytag. We have had it forever and I have fixed it (my 2nd job. the Maytag Repairman) 4 or 5 times, from control switches to water level controls. You speak up now, you can have it when we move to the place where we don't need to wash our clothes, the grave yard.
I have the Maytag Neptune top loader. I love the pre-soak, stain-treat, controls, plus the many water choices. It really gets boys' clothes clean.
That being said, we've had to have repairs three times already, it sometimes eats clothing (twists so hard they are torn or snagged), and sometimes drips detergent on the finished load (so it stains in the dryer). Also, some water drips and grows mold and rust--yuck. So, I'm not buying one again.
My mom has the newer Maytag front load, and I don't think she's had as many problems with it as the older front loads. But, I'm thinking Maytag just isn't what it used to be.
I'm interested to hear about the LG, or the cool colored ones.
Dont due front loader!!! If you are all over the place like me...I am throughing things in 10 min after the cycle has started...if you try to through in clothes in a front loader water comes flooding out! Umm, other then that, good luck we like our kenmore!
You are the funniest girl. I am sure that your Christamas list that you made for Todd was ready the night of Thanksgiving if not sooner. I love the way you roll!
this is a funny post even if losing a washer after 7 1/2 years is NOT funny. :) i wonder if having so many boys in a home has anything to do with it...
anyway- had to stop in and see what the experts had to say about washers. good to know!
Post a Comment