I video taped the boys when we told them we were having a girl. Todd and I asked each one of them what they thought it was, and what they wanted. They all thought it was a boy, and they all wanted a boy. Andrew always said, "we only have boys." So, when they found out what it was, they were speechless. Also, Justin's first comment was, "how do you know?" (That part's in the video)
We've been having fun SHOPPING and buying clothes for the new sister. That first afternoon we went and let the boys pick out an outfit for her. It took one trip to the store to pick out some girl clothes and they were so excited to have a girl! It felt really wierd to say, "her" and "she." I almost felt like I was going to jinx it if I said it too many times- and it wouldn't be real.
Having a girl has made me think- and I am so grateful for so many reasons to be having a girl in our family at this time. For one, this new baby will be her own person and will not "replace" Tyce. Because she's a girl, it will be easier to make that distinction. And, my boys will have a sister- something I've always wanted them to have. At the same time, having a girl changes everything! I'm not going to be the mom with all those boys... my identy changes a little. When I thought about things the first few days, I was a little (not a lot) sad that it wasn't another boy. Don't get me wrong- I am so grateful and happy that she is a girl! It's kind of hard to explain but I know that I would have been happy to have another boy too.
Anyway, enjoy the video...
7 comments:
Love that Blake is the only one willing to commit to protecting baby sister!
When we told the boys we were having another baby, Gabe and Jake started in right away "How did the baby get inside Mommy?" "Who put the baby there?"
I still haven't answered them.
So fun! I totally get you about the identity thing. My whole life is now tied into being a mom of boys. I just don't know how to be a mom to a girl. I am so happy for you and I can't wait to see her! Your boys will be adorable with her. Her, her, her!!! Love it.
Madelyn has requested a baby brother and I've told her with already four girls, a brother is pretty unlikely. She doesn't get it. But I think if it ever did happen, I would have an identity crisis. I'm a mom to girls! What would I do with a boy?
Congrats! Girls are great!
It is the greatest to have a girl. The shopping, the baby dolls and doll strollers, glitter shoes and big brothers who just think she is great. Now I need another girl so she has a sister!!!
Hilarious video clip! They are stunned. Congrats!
HA! That video is so cute! I love that they are all silent. It probably took awhile for the thought of a sister to sink in. (It probably took you and Todd awhile to get used to that idea too.)
I am so excited that you are having a girl!
Post a Comment