Monday, June 09, 2008

A MULLET




So, while my sister Shawna was here she taught Blake to tell people exactly what style of hair he has... a Mullet.


Here's the deal... he has beautiful curls... and YES, I have been cutting them for over a year now. But, the key word in that last sentence is "I"... meaning, I have been cutting his hair. I trim it, but try to leave the curls. It has resulted in a major mullet. Anyway, Blake was very proud of telling people he has a mullet. So- I decided to take him to a real hair cutting person and see if she could cut it in such a way that would leave curls, but get rid of the mullet. I think she did a fabulous job. I brought my camera and everything... unfortunately Blake was having NO part of it. I had to hold him on my lap and try to feed him candy while he screamed at the top of his lungs the ENTIRE time. I didn't take him to a kids place either.... so I'm sure the other guests getting their hair cut really loved it. Anyway, I couldn't take any pictures of the process because I had to hold his arms down... as I got covered in hair too. It was really lovely.


Anyway, here's a video and a few before pictures of the mullet. I have aftershots somewhere I need to find. In the meantime... enjoy the mullet... I have thoroughly loved it.


4 comments:

Spencer Family said...

LOL! I love it! What a cute kid. I am so with you on the curls. I wouldn't cut Jordan's hair for the longest time b/c he had the cutest curls in back. I can't wait to see the after pictures!

Alicia

Anonymous said...

hehehe, business up front... party in the back, what is it? A MULLET! You are darling. Can't wait for the after shots.

Megan said...

ok two things unrelated to this post-- what in the world are chiggars? And sccondly, I just looked at your countdown and it says you only have one day and like 14 hours before you find out what you are having? Really? I can't wait. I think I will be stalking your blog these next couple of days in anticpation!
p.s. Palm springs looked wonderful! Aren't those "kid- free" vacations divine? We should plan one and go together- maybe we could convince the Sampietros to join us!

Laurie said...

It took me forever to finally clip Nate's curls! Love boys with curls!