Monday, March 10, 2008

Here we go again!












Saturday... March 1... Todd's birthday. We started out at Andrew's LAST basketball game... 8 am. Just as half-time was starting, Blake was climbing up the bleachers to sit by me and he tripped and fell backwards. His head hit the bleacher below us really hard. The sound was bad. I immediately picked him up and began to rub his head where it hit. All of a sudden my hand felt warm and wet. I pulled it away and saw the blood gushing out. So, we looked around and got something so apply pressure. We took another trip to the ER, but this time the greeting wasn't so great. We sat there for 20 minutes without anyone even acknowledging we were there. So, we left and went to a "stand-alone" ER. It was closed until 10 am. I called the pediatrition to ask what to do, and they said that as long as the bleeding had stopped, we had 8 to 10 hours to get it stitched. So, we came home and waited until the fast ER opened. We went in, got 3 staples, and headed out 10 minutes later. Blake was very brave, and enjoyed telling people, "I got Staples."

I got such a great response with my grafic pictures of Andrew's eye, I HAD to take pictures of Blake's head so you could all have some viewing enjoyment again. ha ha ha!

9 comments:

tamara said...

LOL! Are you kidding me? Seriously, Juliana your boys are so active ;-) you gotta love how resistant they are, though! Didn't realize those bleachers are so dangerous. Poor Blakey!

Meridith said...

Wow. That sounds like a fun day! I don't deal very well with lots of blood. You are such a brave mom.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, you have crAzY luck! I am shocked that no-one acknowledged you in the ER. Did you not say anything? You are so patient. Good luck with the grusome staples.

Greg and Torrey said...

como se dice "NASTY"?

Bart and Krista said...

Uhm... Blake definitely has one of your traits.. he CAN'T STOP looking at HIMSELF in the mirror! Ha Ha Ha! (But we both know I'm not joking!)

Bart and Krista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erowe said...

Wow... There's a big Surprise, another one of your kids needing stitches and even better getting hurt at a Basketball Game. Poor kid. When are Child Services going to come after you?? :-)

Jill said...

Juliana, I love your blog! So, have all your kids made it to the ER by now? I guess that is part of life with 3 boys!

Brandi said...

I Cannot believe your kids! I know they aren't crazy, bounce off the wall type kids. They get hurt doing the most casual things. They are going to know you by name at the Emergency Room and have your file ready and waiting!