Saturday, February 16, 2008

Shopping girls...

OK, so when my mom came we went shopping just about everyday she was here except Sundays. It was really fun. I love to shop, and she does too. Todd was so good to watch the kids for me A LOT- well, I should define a lot- he watched them almost every night, and many afternoons for 3 weeks. One of the best parts was that I could pick where ever I wanted to go, and she was always more than happy to come along. Everyday she would say, "where are we going today?" I would tell her and we would just go. It was nice to be able to say where I wanted to go, and she would just come- no questions asked. Now, let me back up. When I say "I would tell her and we would just go" I need to clarify. Sometimes it would take my mom like 3 hours to get ready. She is very easily "distracted." (I love you mom.) So- after we hit the road, I'd drive fast to maximize shopping time. My mom always found things to buy (much to Dad's dismay) and we had a great time. If you can believe it, we went to 6 different malls, the Dallas Trade Market Show, Target, Ulta, WalMart, Costco, and then some random stores along the way. However, we weren't able to make it to Big Lots. My mom is famous (at least in our family) for her Big Lots shopping. She is really good at finding treasures (and sometimes junk) at Big Lots. I was really excited to take her to MY Big Lots to see what fun things she could find. She was here 3 weeks- and we actually ran out of time to go to Big Lots. So, yesterday I told her that next time she comes I need her to come for 4 weeks so we can fit in the Big Lots shopping trip. She emailed me back- and it was so funny I had to post it.

Next time I'll stay for 6 months just so we can find every Big Lots/Costco/Walmart/Specialty Shoe/Clarks/Nordstrom/Bobbie Brown/Mac/Bath & Body/Famous Brand Baby/Perfume counters/etc./etc./etc. plus get in 2 trade shows. We'll buy a motor home and tell Todd he can take a turn doing 24/7 with the kids and we'll camp out in every mall west of the TX border. We might even take a cross country trip. We'll just become constant shoppers.

We miss you Katy!

5 comments:

AMB said...

Oh man that sounds like fun! I'm actually jealous that you live so far from your mom. When I see my mom, I only get 3 hours out of her. I would kill for 3 straight weeks!

mikensi said...

i can't believe how YOUNG you both STILL look! you haven't aged since you were married! and you don't even have asian genes in you! or do you? >.> <.<

Megan said...

I love when my mom comes or I go to see her because of all the shopping. I'm not sure Reed feels the same though. :) Glad you had so much fun with your mom!

Meridith said...

Man, that sounds really tiring Julianna. I don't know if I could hack your shopping trips. You must be a pro at shopping, though. Good thing to know.

bloggingchristy said...

I'm glad you got to shop, shop, shop with your mom! It was fun to see you guys the other week! I hope you get to go to Mexico with Todd!

I seriously would kid trade with you if it weren't for the whole newborn thing!