Sunday, December 16, 2007

Justin cut his thumb...

So... I was taking a shower... and had Justin and Blake settled infront of a movie... or so I thought.
I had just lathered up my hair with shampoo... and all of a sudden Justin ran in my bathroom screaming, with both hands COVERED in blood. And I mean TONS of blood. I immediately jumped out of the shower and ran to him... putting both hands in the sink. I asked him (somewhat... sort of in a panic) what happened. He said he was trying to open a juice box with a knife because there was no straw... I later discovered this was a steak knife. He sliced his thumb open. So, he held pressure on it (much to his disliking) while I rinsed off, got dressed, and met Todd at the ER for 4 stitches. The best part is that they gave him some medicine that made him so drowsy he slept through it and didn't scream histerically like he did the previous 2 times he got stitches. I hope you enjoy the pictures... And YES. I grabbed my camera on the way out. You have to document these things. And... aren't you curious to see what the inside of a thumb looks like? Unfortunately the pictures don't do it justice... it was deep.

Sitting in the ER... Todd was on a conference call but gave Jusin and I both moral support.



The trail of Blood that I found from the kitchen to the bathroom.... I had to take pictures for Todd so he could see how much there was. I can't believe it didn't get on the carpet! Do you see the cup Justin planned on pouring the juice into after he opened it? I didn't touch anything... this is how I found it when we got home from the ER. The red things at the bottom of the picture are the dried drops of blood...

Justin was still groggy from his medicine at the ER. He couldn't walk for like 3 hours... and fell asleep on the couch. That part was awesome.

Now... That gives Justin a total of 21 stitches... in his short 4 years... 12 on his eyebrow, 5 in his chin, and now 4 on his thumb. OH MY... what will the years ahead bring?

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

tamara said...

Oh my! Poor guy. I can't believe he's had so many stitches all ready. He must be all boy! You know you are a true blogger when something like this happens and you grab a camera and it occurs to you that now you have something to blog about!

alexandra said...

Todd and Juliana, I just mailed you guys a Christmas card. I thought it was about time I at least was on Christmas-card contact with old college friends. In the course of looking up addresses, I came across this blog. I love it! Your boys are beautiful and you guys look exactly the same, and so happy.

I am so so so sorry to read about your little baby. I cannot even imagine. We found out this year during my pregnancy that we were both carriers for cystic fibrosis and were so worried that our baby would be sick. He was not, fortunately. But I do not know how I would have coped if he had been. You will be in my prayers. love, allie

Pepper Lovin! said...

Crazy. I have just been waiting for a trip to the er with gav. So far only Alan and I have gone. Hopefully snowboarding will go well....

Anonymous said...

Ouch! It breaks my heart for all of you. I know it hurts Mom and Dad as much as Justin