Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tah Dah!

It's done!  For the time being...
We would like to add some pendant lights above the bar, and put knobs and pulls on the cupboards.  But... for a while we are done.

I started taking the pictures at night... but then took some in the morning too.

I love it!  I love all the new light.  I love that the mildew that was in my back splash grout (from the previous owners... of course!) is gone.  I like that there aren't cuts in my counter top (also courtesy of the previous owners)  I love that I can see my kids fight on the trampoline and I know who started it.  I love that I can open the window and yell at my boys while I'm working in the kitchen.  I love so many things about it!  Come visit me and enjoy it too!!!







We had the cabinets moved into our sunroom (downstairs playroom) and painted white.  Hebert also added the shelves on the side to fill the wall. 

I keep all the kitchen stuff I don't use regularly... like vases and some serving dishes in these cabinets.  Also, I put diapers, wipes, my camera, and a few games (with lots of pieces that I don't want out all the time) in them.  I'd like to add shelves below it someday too.

4 comments:

Shawna and David said...

I love it Juliana! It looks great! I also like the new, updated blog! Keep posting more!

Kristina said...

Looks AMAZING! I love how clean and streamlined it all looks. And I love how you repurposed the cabinets in the sunroom. The baskets and stuff you added to the shelves are super cute. I love your counters and appliances and the chunky white molding around the windows. Great job! I just wish I could see it in person some day! :) I also love your new family pic on your blog -- that was such a fun day!

Penny said...

Very, very nice! Wow, I just love the new kitchen. Enjoy. You are soooo cute. Do you never get older? Love ya! Penny

emily salway said...

It looks great!! I hope that someday we can come see it:)