My Great Aunt Lucy lives down in Salem Oregon (just south of Portland). I love Aunt Lucy! She lives alone, her husband passed away years ago, and she doesn't have any kids... but she is like one of my grandmas. We are very close with Aunt Lucy. Brooklyn Lucille is named after her.
Aunt Lucy celebrated her 90th birthday this past September. It's a little harder for her to travel now, and so my Dad drove Brooklyn and I down to Salem to take pictures and have a visit with Aunt Lucy. It was very important for me to have pictures of Brooklyn and Aunt Lucy together.
It was a quick trip... but I was about to go home to Texas and I didn't have much time. We left Saturday late afternoon, and came home Sunday night.
Brooklyn was less than agreeable on the car ride down... but we managed. (She only screamed for 1 1/2 hours straight... and nothing would quiet her down) My dad was the real trooper.
Here I am outside Aunt Lucy's house.
My dad on Aunt Lucy's street. Look how pretty those trees are.
Aunt Lucy has tons of nice things... and Brooklyn had to be watched constantly. Here she is with Aunt Lucy's papers.
Aunt Lucy feeding Brooklyn a treat.

The 4 generations... My dad, his mother's sister- Aunt Lucy, Me, and my daughter Brooklyn
Aunt Lucy, Brooklyn, and my Dad
Brooklyn was less than cooperative. Didn't she know how important these pictures were to me????
Me and Aunt Lucy
My Dad and Aunt Lucy
Saying goodbye...
Aunt Lucy saying goodbye. I love her car too.
Her pretty house... and my dad on the side.
It was so much fun... and I definitely need to go back... without a 11 month old.
No comments:
Post a Comment