We have decided to celebrate Tyce's birthday as a special Family Day.
My sisters sent the most beautiful hydrangeas to us. They were absolutely gorgeous. I loved them...
My sisters sent the most beautiful hydrangeas to us. They were absolutely gorgeous. I loved them...
We watched the video of Tyce in the morning. We asked Blake who it was and at first he said Brooklyn. Then when we told him it was Tyce, he said very matter-of-factly "Jesus died so we can live." Yes... He did. That is what makes this all OK.
We headed over to the cemetery. It was one of the most "fun" times we've had there. The sprinklers were on... which was a first for us. We had to dodge them, but of course the boys just couldn't help themselves.
Here's Blake standing in front of the "Garden of Tranquility" sign... the area where Tyce is buried.
After the cemetery visit we headed over to Fossil Rim. It's a park that you drive through and see animals. You can feed them from your car. We had a great time there! The animals stuck their heads in the windows... the boys didn't wear seatbelts... and Brooklyn roamed the car.
These ostrich things were my favorite because they were so aggressive... and so dang ugly!
We finished off the night at Pizza Hut.
The boys said that "Tyce had the best birthday ever!" I'm glad they think so... I hope they grow up having good memories of his birthday and that it is a fun day to spend together as a family.
We miss Tyce, I think of him everyday, and I miss the litte boy that would be chasing around his older brothers. We feel him "missing".
I also feel so incredibly blessed to have the understanding and assurance that we will have Tyce again someday. This makes me incredibly grateful and gives me hope. It also gives me perspective.

4 comments:
juliana, what a wonderful post.
So glad you could make this a fun, memorable family day.
A perfect day....we miss him too.
What a special tradition!
Post a Comment