I was furious. I'd had it with the dumb bunnies that ate all of my strawberries... now my pepper plant. But wait... what was that I saw? A GIANT Caterpillar sitting on my pepper plant. I pulled it off and put in in a cool whip container. I thought the boys would enjoy it.
It was HUGE. Seriously, the size of my middle finger.
They fed it and gave it water and were enjoying their new pet. We put a lid on the container and that was that.
Well...Sunday morning I was getting something off the counter and noticed something about the caterpillar's home wasn't right. Upon further investigation I discovered that that darn caterpillar had escaped! AAAHHHH! It was in my house somewhere! I didn't have much time to look because we were trying to get to church.
I was frantic... that thing was disgusting and I could see its poop in random spots on my counter and on the floor.
As we were leaving I looked into the laundry room on my way out and there it was! It found an old shoe insert and made itself comfortable. I think it thought it was on a green plant.
Gross! It went straight to the garbage... outside!

2 comments:
That is the same caterpillar that I have found eating my tomatoes and plants. They are gross! It is so maddening when you are trying to have a garden and these things come along. Have you found a way to get rid of them? Pass it on if you do! I found two yesterday afternoon on the tomatoes.
Nasty, nasty, nasty. What an odd looking caterpillar. You are funny Juliana. xoxo
Post a Comment