Friday, September 25, 2009

You're gonna love this

Yes... our fun trip to the neighborhood swimming pool ended up with BLOOD, TEARS, AND 3 STAPLES from the ER.

Blake was (and is) insisting on doing everything his older brothers do. He was flipping off the side of the pool and I of course told him NOT to do that. I then got out of the pool and was feeding Brooklyn in her stroller on one side of the pool. All the boys (and 2 friends) were on the other side of the pool and then I hear Andrew scream, "Blake hit his head!!!!" Then he starts running around and says, "IT'S BLEEDING!" So I hopped up and checked... yes, it needed some medical assistance.
I packed up all of our thousands of pounds of junk... towels, food, pool toys, extra clothes, and more stuff than I know what to do with and we all piled back into the car (while I was talking peace and calmness to Blake and telling him to apply pressure). I dropped off Andrew and Justin at their friends off at their friend's house and Brooklyn and Blake and I headed to the ER.
3 Staples later... and we were done!
Enjoy the pictures (unfortunately I can't find my "before staples" shots... I'm sure I got some somewhere)







Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Ouch! That's a nasty gash. Hope he's staying down a little for you.

Is it just me, or do those staples look like they aren't all the way in?

Bartholomew said...

That is disgusting.
-Krista

tamara said...

Poor Blakey! I remember when this happened. The sad thing, is this isn't even the most recent "owie" in your family! Glad to see you are catching up with blogging even when away from home!

Melanie said...

Ouch! Your post sounds like you're so calm as you deal with these trauma's! We're starting to get more experience under our belts here too (we haven't done staples yet...just stitches).