Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our Garden

Our Relief Society had a mid-week activity about square-foot gardening. Here in Texas the soil is not good for gardening. It has too much clay and other things and plants have a hard time growing. I've been wanting to garden for many years, and this year I said, "WE ARE DOING IT!" So we went and bought the wood, soil (not just soil- 4 different components went into the "soil"), and some other things that we needed for the garden. On March 7 we put it on the ground. It was a totally windy day and I'm pretty sure half of the dirt blew away as Todd poured it in, but that's ok.




Dirt in Justin's eyes...


Ready to mix up the 4 different components that make up the "dirt"







Justin has wanted a garden for a while. When we told him we were going to finally build a garden, his response was, "yes! Now we can be like Rabbit on Winnie the Pooh."












No comments: