So- I have this "thing" where I have to blog in order... and I don't like skipping around. So, I want to catch up before I post current pictures. Bear with me as I attempt to catch up on things...
Here's Brooklyn at 3 weeks old with some of her favorite things-
Her big brothers
I love how Andrew and Brooklyn are looking at each other, and then Andrew looks away to watch TV and she is still staring at him.
Her sleep...
I must confess something.
When my friends told me that their babies slept through the night at 6 weeks old, I didn't believe them. I really thought they were lying to me- or at least I told myself they were lying. I just didn't believe them at all.
Well, now I still don't know if I believe them or not, but I do know it is possible. Brooklyn has been an amazing sleeper- and I really don't take any credit for it. I think that some babies are wired to be good sleepers, and some are not. Now that I've had Brooklyn I can say that I've had both kinds of sleepers.
This girl can SLEEP. She may not look like me, but she has gotten my sleep gene. She was sleeping 7 hours at 6 weeks- and has just gone up from there. Her longest stretch has been almost 12 hours, and that's because I had to waker her up to leave. Not only does she sleep all night, but she sleeps all day too.
OK- now don't hate me for saying this. I have earned the right to have a sleepy baby- I've been raising her older brothers that have completely worn me out and given me pleanty of sleepless nights and so I am GRATEFUL that Heavenly Father has sent me an absolute ANGEL baby. At least I'm not bragging that it is my parenting- I really don't think it is (OK- maybe just a little- ha ha ha just kidding)
7 comments:
Love the photos of sweet Brooklyn and her older brothers! I agree you REALLY deserve a good sleeper. I'm sure you do have A LOT to do with having such a well natured baby; she must take after her momma :-)
Totally know what you mean. My fourth is perfect (shh, but I think he's my favorite baby). He was sleeping 4-5 hours at night regularly since he was born. (Don't think I wasn't feeding him; he's a giant and had plenty of reserves.) He is a GREAT sleeper. Also, he's happy when he's awake and entertained by his brothers. And I know it's not me, because my first three were really tough.
I figure he'll probably pay me back when he's 3. :) But for now, gotta love the happy babies.
oh yes, the sleeping newborn does exist. Welcome to Heaven!! Enjoy.
oh, how i dream of having a girl as dreamy as Brooklyn.
Congrats on getting sleep! hope it lasts for the next year and beyond.
You do deserve a sleepy child! I love the photos.
I'm happy you are getting sleep! (My baby doesn't sleep as well as her big brother did). (I always feel like I have to have the blog in order too).
SO cute! And please, how does one "order" one of those sleeping newborns? I'd like one too please! :)
I want to see her! Let's get together soon!
Post a Comment