Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A trip to the cemetery

We went to the cemetery where our son Tyce is burried during the Christmas break. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon and we went after church. We don't go very often, partly because it is about a 30 minute drive to get there. But, we chose this cemetery that was further away because we loved the peaceful feeling we got when we went there. We also liked the duck pond where the boys can feed the ducks when we go. I think it is a really pretty cemetery and it is very well taken care of. I have been to the cemetery quite a few times since Tyce died, and I've never gotten terribly upset when I've gone. However, this last time it was kind of sad for me. I think because the boys lined up next to Tyce's grave and for the first time in a while, I felt his absense. I felt like my little son, their younger brother, was missing. I know that it is only a short separation, but none-the-less, it is "taking forever"- as Justin likes to say.

On a happier note, one of my favorite things about this picture is Justin's outfit. You'll notice throughout my blog that Justin is usually wearing the same outfit. I can get him to wear other clothes when he is at preschool, or when we go to the mall, but other than that, he wears his favorite clothes... over... and over... and over... everyday. When we tell him that it is cold outside and he need to wear jeans, he comes up with a solution. He wears his shorts OVER his jeans. I think it is adorable, and I totally let him do it.

Tyce's headstone is not in yet. We went to choose/design it the end of November, and it takes a couple of months to put it in. So, we're anxiously waiting to see it!

After we looked at the gravesite, we walked around the cemetery and looked at other headstones. Then we went and fed the ducks. That was really fun. We brought bread, old french fries, old stale cookies, and chips. The fish are so "old school"... they really only liked the bread!We also brought some bubbles that the boys enjoyed blowing and playing with.








Posted by Picasa


5 comments:

Pepper Lovin! said...

I still love your choice of cemetery. It is a lovely place. I am so glad to see you are all doing well besides the stiches. I can't believe that! You guys sure do love the ER. hahah We miss you guys hope all is well. If you guys want to come to AZ let me know. YOu can stay with us and we will make yummy food!

Anonymous said...

We share that feeling of "it takes forever." It reminded me of this poem.

Time is
Too slow for those who wait,
Too swift for those who fear,
Too long for those who grieve,
Too short for those who rejoice.
But for those who love,
Time is eternity.
Hours fly, flowers die,
New days, new ways pass by.
LOVE STAYS

Meridith said...

What a wonderful place to come visit Tyce with all the boys. I especially love the duck pond for the kids. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. I hope you are doing well.

alexandra said...

what a wonderful family you guys are.

Tiffany Webber said...

Oh Juliana, I know those feelings all too well. It's weird how sometimes it just hits you that they are gone. It almost takes you by surprise the emotions that can come up. I think that sometimes it must be because I am feeling Taylor's spirit so close and it's a reminder that he will soon be mine again even though the pain is so real. You are an amazing woman and I'm so glad to know you. I love that cemetary too. What a beautiful and sacred place.